Midwifery Services in Dalton, GA
At North Georgia Women’s Center, our goal is to provide you with the most quality care at every stage in your life, including childbearing and childbirth. Our certified nurse-midwives work to guide women through their pregnancies by providing a unique, personalized approach, taking into consideration the needs of each individual woman.
Important facts to know about midwives
A midwife is an expert in normal birth deliveries and is recognized worldwide as an important medical professional in providing maternity care to women.
As trained medical professionals, midwives provide care, education, counseling and support to women and newborns during their pregnancy and the postpartum period. The care they provide includes:
- monitoring the physical, psychological and social well-being of mothers throughout their childbearing period.
- providing mothers with specialized and individualized education, counseling and prenatal care.
- delivering ongoing hands-on assistance during labor and delivery as well as postpartum support.
- identifying and referring women requiring the obstetrical attention.
Additional Midwifery Information
- Certified nurse-midwives are registered nurses who have completed graduate-level training in midwifery and who have passed a national certification exam
- Nurse-midwifery practice is legal in all 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Nurse-midwives can prescribe medication in 50 states and the District of Columbia.
- Nurse-midwives practice in homes, birth centers, clinics, and hospitals.
- 33 states mandate private insurance reimbursement for nurse-midwifery services, and Medicaid reimbursement is mandatory in all states.
Find Your Midwife Today!
For more information about our team and services, or to book your appointment, contact us at (706) 226-3373 today!